Responsible to assist with daily kitchen activities and overall quality of foods produced while
maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, sanitary and safe work environment.
• Works to manage daily kitchen activities
• Leads kitchen team
• Aide with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring
ordering and stocking.
• Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes under the
direction of the Executive Chef
• Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are
properly dated and organized for quality assurance
• Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards under
executive chef supervision and approval.
• Establish working schedule.
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
• Works to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Assists executive chef with menu creation
• Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any
malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
• Support Management in monitoring and controlling inventory and labor cost
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Capable of delegating multiple tasks
• Communication and leadership skills
• Time Management Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant
management software, POS)
Types: Full-time, Part-time
Upscale casual restaurant
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)