Job Title: Senior Speciality Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef / Executive Management
General Purpose: To contribute and supervise the production of the highest possible food quality in both the Sushi bar and hot kitchen. All production is carried out in line with the appropriate food portion control and is in line with the.
Main Duties: Contribute and supervise the production of the highest quality food possible.
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list. Additional duties may be assigned.
· Ensures the highest food quality appropriate to the market by assisting the restaurant management in all areas as needed.
· Adheres to company standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation, as directed by Executive Chef or Executive Management.
· Assists Executive Management in proper staffing and adequate supplies for Sushi section.
· Supervises and assists in the proper set-up of each item on the menus and ensures their readiness and that all food from all section is delivered on time.
· Oversees the seasonings, portions, and appearance of food service in the operation in accordance to company policy and recipes.
· Stores unused food properly to minimize waste and maximize quality.
· Works closely with Executive Chef and Management to ensure correct preparation and delivery times are kept and food quality is Maintained.
· Assisting Management in checking and ordering fresh products and dry storage items.
· Encourages increased communication between kitchen production and service staff, checking the restaurant reservations and customer feedback regularly.
· Ensures readiness and makes priorities in case of last minute changes to menu items or specials as directed by Executive Chef and Executive Management.
· Utilizes supervisory skills and motivation to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
· Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations, and makes sure all staff adheres to these.
· Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
· Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or takes action to prevent them from happening.
· Checks that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, conduct and language is maintained by all employees in the department.
· Sets up for service by ensuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted covers, special functions and all reservations.
· Confers closely with the Executive Chef and Management and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of his or her position, in order to be ready to fill in whenever required.
· To carry out any other duties as directed by Executive Chef and Executive Management.
· To ensure that the food prepared in the restaurant kitchen is the standard that the Executive Chef, Executive Management and the company have set.
· Actively participate in assisting to achieve departmental goals and objectives and carryout assigned work by Managers and Supervisors.
· Actively engage in your own personal development to benefit the business and improve your personal skills – annual appraisals, attending training and development courses.
· Actively participate in weekly / monthly departmental meetings and any other meetings that you are required to attend.
· Actively participate in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Walk and stand.
· Bend forward.
· Kneel down.
· Reach and grasp.
· Push and pull objects.
· Repetitive bending and lifting of items.
· Repetitive arm movements.
· Extreme flexibility to work when needed and assist in workload of others.
· Suggests to Executive Chef and Executive Management possible changes to menus, to reflect local, seasonal and national trends.
· Extreme flexibility to work when needed and assist in workload of others · Monitors industry trends and recommends appropriate changes in menus and preparation techniques to maintain the competitive status.
· Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good
· Attend any meeting or training session as required by Management.
· Maintains a safe and hygienic work environment.